So, we're a few days late, at least for Acadia, but today was our first day of the new school year! Most grades really went back last Wednesday, but we... well, we were still having loads of fun at DisneyWorld and decided to stick around there instead of rushing back to the real world. ;) Kindergarteners didn't start until today though, so Rori made it to her first day on time. :)
Acadia roller her eyes and used the *impatient/embarrassed pre-teen* voice, saying, "Mo-om!" when I asked her to pose for a picture, so this is all you get of her...
Oh drats, I didn't get her shoes in the shot. Since they were her favorite part of what she wore today, I probably should have. They are purple, and they are cute. ;)
Aurora was a bit more excited/cooperative. She had been waiting for this day since she was three! She has always wanted to go to school and today was the day!!! She especially wanted me to get a picture of her lunch bag. lol
She is excited to ride the school bus with the other big kids. I'm so glad our friend, Jessica is still in grade school and offered to sit with Rori on her first day! She is such a good friend and neighbor! :)
Getting to school for the first time is a little overwhelming at first, but Jessica walked Rori right to her classroom door (Rori has the same teacher that Jessica had for Kindergarten!) and she found there were lots of other eager, happy kindergarteners there ready for their first day, too. After checking in and putting her bags away, she found a table with two other nice girls and they began playing with the letters their teacher had left out for them until it was time for class to start.
I know she's going to have a great day!!!
I walked away and felt that tug at my heart and lump in my throat. My baby is in school!!! Then I got to the car and headed for home... and realized - my baby is in school and that means I'M FREE!!! I didn't have to go home, I could have gone anywhere I wanted!!! Woah. It is a weird feeling. But pretty cool.
I came home though, I still have some unpacking to do and a couple thousand photos to edit! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment