Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sacramento

Right after Father's Day, I took the girls down with me to Sacramento so we could be there for my sister's baby shower.  It was too bad Ryan had to work, we would have loved to have had him with us.  But it was still nice to go down and just have some girl time. :)

We spent a lot of time with my family, the cousins all had a great time together, especially Rori and Jared.



On my first day, I lined up a couple of visits with some good friends of mine.  The first one was with Heather and her new baby, Jake.  Cadi was lovin' on him big time! lol



Then that afternoon, we met up with my good friend, Sarah and her kids at a fun little park.  The kids wore their swimsuits so they could play in the sprinklers while the moms visited in the shade.  It was so good to see them!



It was really hot there for us.  I know it was nothing like what it will be later this summer, but we're just not used to that kind of heat anymore!  Their nice weather was what we usually have for highs, so we loved that my sister had a pool for us to play in when it just got too hot. ;)



We made sure to visit with Ryan's parents while we were there, too.  We had lunch with them one day, then they took the girls for a full day of fun and an overnight stay with Grandma and Grandpa.  I don't have pics from their time alone with them, but I have pics from our visit for lunch.  After lunch we visited a little in their backyard. 



Acadia went around taking pictures of their garden, some of them turned out really nice!  Good job, Cadi!



But of course, the big reason why were were in Sacramento was for Ruth's baby shower!  We had a lot of fun!  Debi planned it and it was perfect!  First of all, the theme was "Strawberries"... YUM!  Here's the spread (it was a luncheon)...



As guests arrived, Esther greeted them at the door and welcomed them to the shower:



Instead of games, we had an activity where everyone could decorate a onesie or bib for baby Naomi.  Esther started us off and showed us how it worked.



So here are the rest of us...



And of course all the gifts!!!



And here is some of what I gave her...



It was a really good visit and I'm glad I was able to be there for the shower.  We can't wait to meet little Naomi!!!

No comments: