Awhile back, my siblings and I thought it would be great fun to get together for a camping trip. Our destination: the campground we used to go to every year growing up: MacKerricker State Park in Cleone, CA (just a couple miles north of Fort Bragg, CA).
Life was simpler back then; none of us had the responsibilities that we have now, we were just kids and we didn't really have many cares to worry about. We loved going camping at MacKerricker. We even had a favorite campsite with a little path down to the beach. We have so many fun memories of our camping trips there.
We've all missed camping there and I think we were all at a point in our lives where we really wanted to have that escape, to go to a place where we could feel carefree and just relax. So we all ran away to the coast, to our old stomping grounds, to MacKerricker.
Day One: Family and Friends
Many of my siblings arrived on Sunday. We planned on leaving Monday morning, arriving by dinner that evening. But just days before our trip, we found out that my best friend in Sacramento and her family were going to be camping in Ft. Bragg the weekend right before we were to arrive. They were heading back on Monday but if we could get there earlier in the day, they'd wait to drive back until we got there so we could spend a few hours together. So, we left Sunday night, drove straight through the night, and arrived in Fort Bragg around 7:30am. We didn't want to disturb anyone who might still be sleeping so we took the girls to breakfast first and didn't pull into the campsite until about 8:30. We were able to make our reservations early and got our favorite campsites. :)
The kids didn't waste anytime playing together while Ryan and I set up our tent and got all of our stuff out.
A couple of hours later, we talked to Heather and arranged to meet at 10 mile beach to play and picnic. We arrived just before they did. It was a beautiful day! It was warmer than we expected so Acadia had fun playing in the water. Rori loved playing in the sand.
Heather's twins both like to be held A LOT. I think this is Becca on Ryan's lap. (I still have a hard time telling them apart.)
Steve playing with Tony, Audrey, Becca, and I can't see who else, probably Timmy.
Ryan and the girls playing with Sarah.
Drop and give me twenty! lol
Jason taking off down the beach!
Tink burying her friend, Alex.
Acadia got buried, too!
When she got up to rinse off, she was so brown she looked like she was one of Heather's kids! lol
After having fun in the sun, we said our good-byes. Heather and her family headed home to Sacramento and we went back to camp.
You don't mind if I drive my truck on your back, do you? Thanks.
Wow. I really don't remember what was going on here. lol
Rori helping David and Teresa set up their tent.
Esther and I were talking together and she told me that she loves strawberries. I told her that I did too and that I had brought a surprise, strawberry marshmellows to try at our campfire that night! She was happy to try them and she totally approved. :)
I love campfires. I like staying up late talking and laughing. This week there were meteor showers and as we talked, we watched the occasional meteor shoot across the sky. That was really cool. Some of those suckers were big and bright! It was beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment