Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Memorial Day (finally)

Acadia did such a good job sharing what we did on Memorial Day that I don't know what else to add. I guess I can tell you a little more, but she has the best photos up on her blog already, so check them out there.

Memorial Day was fun. We were together as a family the whole day and it was very nice. We did a little cleaning around the house and then frosted and decorated the cupcakes that we made for the fire and police departments. Acadia drew a couple of pictures for them too.

When we went to the police station, the lobby was closed. We were somewhat frustrated because this happened when we went there for the holidays once. So we thought about taking the cupcakes to Brother T. who is a police officer in our ward. But just as we were going to leave, two cars pulled into the back so we waited for them to get out and go into the building. They were happy to accept the cupcakes and also the picture. We were glad that we were finally able to give treats to the police officers!

Then we headed over to a fire station. It was quiet there so they invited us in and let Cadi play on the truck. She sat in the driver's seat and got to push a few buttons, making lights go on. Ryan ran to get the camera and when he got back, she was out of the truck. But they stood her up on the front of the truck for pictures. They even gave her a big pick or something to hold. It was cute. After a few minutes we left them to their cupcakes and picture and we went to the barbeque.

The barbeque was very fun! Beckie and Jack's family is a blast! The barbeque was at Beckie's parent's house. They are in our ward. Ryan often goes over to help Brother H. with his computer and geneology work. Beckie's sister and her family were there too. Their kids are older (teenagers) but they were awesome playing with Acadia! They took her to the park, kicked the soccer ball with her, endured her following them around, lol. The food was very good and there was a TON!!! We all took home leftovers. They invited us to spend July 4th with them, so we probably will.

After the BBQ, Ryan and Jack decided to go to the Star Wars movie. Before they left, the neighbors (also in our ward) came home from their weekend trip. We visited for awhile and then Brother M. decided to go with Ryan and Jack. By this time it was getting on in the evening and Acadia was pretty dirty so I took her home for a bath and to throw her in bed!

And that was our Memorial Day! We really liked sharing goodies with the people who serve to protect us now. We might make a tradition of it.

Last night and today I have been putting together furniture I got for Acadia's bedroom. It is a castle. The headboard for her bed looks like a castle and we have two bookcases that look like towers to go on either side of her bed. Then there is a bench to go at the foot that also has the castle look and has a couple cute bins to keep stuff under it. When we're done I'll take pictures.

Now I'm going to work with her getting the room cleaned and organized. As soon as we sell our car I am going to order her captains bed that I'll paint white. That will replace the dresser in there now. I happen to know of a certain very cool item that she is getting for her birthday that will be perfect in her room too - a "princess" mirror.

Ever since Suzie Petunia"bragged" and posted pictures of her daughter's room, I've seriously thought about eventually putting up a shelf all along Cadi's room too. It looks so cute in Suzie's pictures! But that will be a project for another day... I've got too many to work on for now. Besides, I think Cadi's room is still cute without it. Maybe when she's older and will have more things she wants to "display".

No comments: