Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Honor Thy Parents

We have still been having FHE, though not always with a ponderizing scripture.  This week, our FHE took place at a ward member's house with missionaries and a newly baptized ward member.  It was fun!

Last week, our FHE was a ponderizing scripture, Exodus 20:12:

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

I always think that parents teaching this scripture to their kids is self-satisfying. lol  And the fact that we discussed this and made it our focus last week, THE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY, was extra timely. lol  And let me tell you, my kids did a fantastic job of spoiling me and making me feel not just loved but truly honored. :)

I don't have a lesson plan to share because I did not print one up and we didn't follow any specific outline.  We simply discussed the commandment and what it means.  Why was it given?  Why is it important? 

I've been a bit non-bloggy lately.  I will try to do better.  No promises, I'm enjoying our lazy summer. ;)

No comments: