Monday, August 10, 2015

This is still here?!?

Here is a draft I began in February:

Oh wow.  Longest. Dryspell. Ever.

And honestly, I don't know if it is really over or not.  Over the last couple of months I have occasionally thought, "maybe I should blog again"... and then nothing happened.

Why today?  I don't know.

What is new?  Too much to list it all.  Anything critical?  No, not really.

So, what now?  I have no idea. lol

My girls are growing up and it kind of makes me sad.  This week we have been talking to college counselors and are developing Cadi's plan as she prepares for her final years in high school.

WHAT!?!?   Really?  Already?  This is too much.  Next topic.

Rori is advancing to a brown belt in karate.  That's halfway to her black belt!  She loves it.  Absolutely loves it.  And her instructors love her commitment and enthusiasm.  I love the discipline, and self-defense skills.


I guess the dryspell was not over because I never even finished/posted that.  Since that post, we visited Utah for General Conference and to visit friends, the BYU campus, and just enjoy the area for a week.  Then I had surgery, a breast reduction that took 2 months to recover from.  It was a tough couple of months but now I feel amazing and am loving not just my new body but also a life without migraines!  It was a hard decision to finally go through with the surgery and at times I wondered if it would be worth it, but now that I'm on this side of it, I can say it totally was!  I am so glad that we did it. :)

Now Rori is a 2nd degree brown belt, Cadi has her license and is dating.  School starts in less than a month and we've had a summer full of fun already.  Family visited for Fourth of July, we went to Texas to see Ryan's family, Cadi successfully ran Girls Camp, my brother got married... this has been a great summer!

I'm still not sure I'm actually going to start blogging again.  But, I guess just even typing up these draft posts is a step closer than I have been in years.




No comments: