Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Up Early

The *real* reason why I'm up so early (I woke up around 4:30, laid in bed until 5:30, then finally submitted and got up) is because someone (not mentioning names, but I am married to him) set his alarm for 4:30 so he could get up and go to the gym before work.  To give him credit, he did do this the last two days successfully.  Today... well, it is after 6am and he is still in bed.  :S

But let's just pretend that the reason is because I'm about to check-in for my flight!

What flight?  Oh yeah, I haven't been blogging.  So now I have to catch you up a little...

My sister works for Visit California and one of the cool perks to her job is that a couple times a year they have board meetings at various tourist locations throughout California.  This month's meeting... at Disneyland!  The poor, poor girl has to go to Disneyland for work.  They are paying for it, and they are paying her to be there.  Tough job, right?!?

Yeah, so in order to support her during such a trying and mundane business trip, I booked a flight to meet her there.  (I'm so thoughtful, aren't I?!?)  Her work is paying for our first night, they are putting her/us in the Grand Californian!!  They also comped us our park tickets - sweet!  We elected to stay longer than the business trip and are paying for our final two nights, but will be switching over to a motel more in our budget for those. ;)

I feel just slightly guilty for leaving my family behind and going to Disney by myself.  But since I'm getting such a great deal, and it's all a tax write-off for me, not to mention that I really should be going somewhat regularly for work anyways (hehehe), I am pretty sure I'll be over that guilt as soon as I get there.  ;)  Besides, this is good sisterly bonding time!!  I have to introduce her to my boyfriend!  (She has never met him before!!)

So, that is why I'm up!  At least, that is why I'm not grumpy to be up, which is the absolute truth. ;)



2 comments:

Pam said...

YOU have to introduce her to YOUR boyfriend? Am I missing something?

Sariah said...

Yeah... Mickey!!! lol