This morning, I was awoken early by cats fighting right outside my window. And a migraine. And... it was Monday. :S
I was grumpy. I hurt. I banged on the window to scare off the cats. I got up and took way more meds than I like to take, just to make the pounding in my head go away. I knew that much medication would make me feel shaky and sick for most of the rest of the day, and even though I hate migraines more, that yucky drugged up feeling is almost as bad. ... Did I mention, I was grumpy?
I got onto FaceBook and was tempted to gripe about just how awful I felt... but then I had a sudden flash of inspiration and posted this instead:
I feel like whining... But instead, I will think of some of my blessings. I am so grateful for my faith, my family, my home, my friends, and my country. I am thankful that each day is full of new possibilities and that I have the choice of how I will act, how I will learn, and how I will grow each day. I am grateful for the sunshine we had this weekend, and I'm also grateful for the rain we have today because I love the sound of it on my rooftop and the smell of it in the air - and besides, this is what makes my part of the country such a gorgeous place to live. I am grateful that, already, I don't feel like whining much anymore. :)
I was also immediately reminded of something my friend said in church last week. Whenever she realizes that she got up on the wrong side of the bed, she literally gets back into bed and then gets up on the other side! It's just so silly that it makes her laugh out loud and already she feels better.
I have to admit, I did not get back into bed to get up on the other side, but just thinking about it made me laugh, too. That, adding to quick acting medication and my little change of heart FB post, has completely changed how I feel today.
Today is a great day! It is great because I am choosing to make it great.
Happy Monday, everyone! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment