On Friday morning, I quickly tried a St. Patrick's Day "do" for Rori's hair. We were running a little short on time, so I couldn't put as much effort into being as neat and clean with it as I'd have liked, but it still turned out pretty cute. I figured I'd master it "for reals" the next day (on the *real* St. Patrick's Day). Good thing I took a pic of it instead of waiting for the "real" one...
Because in the wee mornin' hours on St. Patty's Day, Ryan and I heard a wee li'l knock on our bedroom door, followed by...
"Dad, my tummy hurts and I think I'm hungry."
She asked for Dad, so I was happy to let him take this one. I questioned the idea of giving her food in the middle of the night and when she said her tummy hurt, but he said, "Don't worry, I'll just give her something simple."
Oh, okay, that's a good idea. I went back to sleep.
About 15-20 minutes later I heard, "Dad!" called from the other room. Conveniently, he didn't hear it. Then, "MOM!"
When I got to her room, she said, "I barfed." Hoping for only a little mess, I went to check out the damage. It was not little. And I knew right away that whatever he had given her a few minutes earlier was NOT simple. I called out to him, "What did you feed her????" ..."String cheese." "Not the best choice, Hon!" (Not said in the most loving tone.)
Figures. He has the wussiest stomach when it comes to this. He gags at the very thought, so I knew I couldn't even make him clean up the mess. I will spare the details here, but she was thorough and it was not fun.
After stripping the bed, bathing her, and starting the first load of laundry, we set her up with a bed on the couch... and a bowl, which she unfortunately did end up having to use but thankfully, this time, it was contained and easy to take care of.
Needless to say, St. Patrick's Day wasn't so jolly and we didn't do any fun hair-dos. Instead we lounged about eating soda crackers and watching movies. :S
No comments:
Post a Comment