This year's Mother's Day was so awesome! It started out with a special gift to me when I had a really low weigh-in! Sweet! And then I proceeded to eat whatever I wanted because - hello, it was Mother's Day, so I'm sure that number has backed up a little. ;)
My sweet family made me breakfast in bed, which was delicious! Ryan had to run off to a Bishopric Meeting before church, so Acadia got Rori ready for church all by herself. And she did great - Rori looked cute, complete with hair brushed and a pretty flower in her hair. :)
The girls sang, along with the other primary children, in Sacrament Meeting. This will be Cadi's final year singing to me from Primary! Bitter sweet. And then, the brethren gave us chocolate. :) They are wise. ;) And for the first time in 7 1/2 years, I attended church without being in an auxilliary presidency. I just showed up and enjoyed it! And it felt awesome! I even took a cute matching purse, instead of my usually 20+ pound bag with binders/manuals/etc. lol
After church, I admit, I didn't just relax while everyone else worked, I was working with them, but that was awesome. We had invited my aunt and her family over for dinner. She always hosts everyone for every occasion, I really wanted her to have the day completely off! So, we hosted and asked them just to come and enjoy. And they did! :) I prepped all the food Saturday night so I wouldn't be slaving in the kitchn on Sunday, and we cleaned the house on Saturday, too. But we did need to clean off the deck since the weather was cooperating (mostly).
Dinner was really good - we made Gourmet Dads' Juicy Lucy burgers, hotdogs, Manderin Couscous Salad, Baked Beans with Pineapple, Ryan's New York Style Cheesecake, and I made a new Strawberry Cake recipe. It was all delicious! The weather was nice for most of the time and we enjoyed dinner out on the deck. Then we came inside for games and dessert, and topped it all off back outside at the firepit for s'mores, even though it was raining by then. lol
We loved having the family over. I loved it because it took my focus off of me. If they hadn't come, I would have laid around and demanded that my family do everything for me. But since my goal was to give my aunt a great Mother's Day, I was HAPPY to be cooking and cleaning. I really think that is what made this Mother's Day so wonderful for me. I just loved every minute! :)
I only wish I could have spent it with my mom, too. She is awesome and does so much for others. I know my siblings took care of her though, and that makes me grateful and happy. I'm looking forward to seeing her in less than three weeks though, and that will be awesome! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment