Saturday, February 27, 2010

"croak" *squish*

When Ryan and I were first dating, I used to work at an aquarium store selling tropical fish. We also sold little aquarium frogs. They were cute! But sometimes they escaped. And sometimes, we didn't catch them in time. And there were a couple of times when we had a little "croak" *squish* action going on.

It wasn't funny. I liked the frogs. I always tried to watch where I walked, but they blended in with the dark floor... :( Ryan didn't think it was funny either, but he thought it was funny to give me a bad time about it. So every now and then, he'll say, "croak, squish"... I guess to remind me that I'm a frog killer. Hey, they were suicidal frogs, thank you.

When we moved to our home here, we quickly learned that we had frogs! Well, at least one. And it would croak happily near our bedroom window. We liked it. He was our little friend. We never saw him, just heard him.

Until a few weeks ago. We woke up looking forward to a fun day on Mt. Hood playing in the snow. As we were waking up, we heard our friend croaking outside our window. It was going to be a good day. :)

As we loaded things in the car and got ready to head out, someone saw him. I guess he had been trying to come inside; he hopped up onto the door jam, and with all of our going in and out, we didn't see him in time. The door closed, and... *squish*.

We were so sad!!!! What is it with these suicidal frogs???

After that, Ryan and I were painfully aware of the silence outside our window. But then, about a week ago, I heard it again... "Croak".

We have a new friend. :)

No comments: