Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Christmas

We had a really nice Christmas!  It began on Christmas Eve with our traditional quiet meal, focusing on the first Christmas.  We read a new story book and enjoyed the simple "shepherd's dinner".  We invited some friends who are new to the area and don't have family to spend the holidays with; it was great to share it with them!

Then of course, came Christmas morning!  Our first Christmas gift was that the girls slept in until 8am!!!  I was up well before them! lol  I was able to start breakfast and have the cameras all set up and ready to capture their faces as they came down the hall to the family room.

We took video of everyone opening their stockings, but here are some pics of other presents being unwrapped.



My family draws names for Christmas; we have two exchanges: storebought and homemade.  We all get most excited about our homemade exchange, I think it's one of the best parts of giving/receiving at Christmas!  Here are pics of the gifts we received: 



(Top left) My brother-in-law, Tom, bought me a beautiful necklace.  It's hard to see, but engraved along the circle are the names of Ryan and each of the girls.   (Top right) Ruth made Acadia a mirror and a picture frame with her name on it.  (Bottom left)  Ryan is wearing one of the three sweaters that Debi bought him and is also wearing the "manly apron" that Tom made him.  (Middle Right)  Teresa gave me this box... what could it be?  (Bottom Right)  The Official Teresa's Question Game, of course!!!

We all loved our gifts. :)

The girls' big gifts came at the end of the gift opening.  They got a puppy AND a pony!



So spoiled... ;)

That afternoon, we went to my aunt's house for Christmas dinner.  Every time we go to my aunt's house, I look forward to the beautiful view of Mt. St. Helens through their huge picture window in their great room.  And almost everytime, it's cloudy and we get a beautiful, snow covered view of the valley and hills, but no Mt. St. Helens.  This year, however, it was bright, sunny, and clear!  I can finally show you what the view is like at my aunt's house:



It is just so gorgeous there! :)

Rori kept laying under their tree.  My uncle, Jeff kept teasing her that he was going to put a bow on her because she was a present.  She would then say, "No, I'm not a present, I'm a princess!"  lol  And isn't she though - and she was wearing a "princess" shirt, so I guess Jeff should have known better. ;)



We had a delicious meal and great company.  The kids (and Ryan, too) always love playing with the games in the basement (ping pong, air hockey, fooz ball, etc.).  We watched It's a Wonderful Life (in color - I think it was my first time seeing it in color; I liked it!).  By the time the movie was over, the cats were really getting to Ryan and Rori was getting tired, so we headed for home. 

We had such a nice day, it was a wonderful Christmas. :)

No comments: