Is it still "burning the midnight oil" if you went to bed but then got up again shortly after midnight?
Why is it that if something wakes me up in the middle of the night, it is impossible for me to get back to sleep? Thankfully it doesn't happen frequently, but it does happen occasionally and it's really annoying! Tonight it was just Acadia coming in because she was thirsty. Why she felt like she needed to come to our room to get a drink of water is beyond me, she usually is the queen of having umpteen glasses of water in her room when she goes to bed at night (okay, "umpteen" is an exaggeration... but at least a couple), and last I checked it is usually easier to get water from the bathroom or kitchen. But for whatever reason, it was our door that opened at 1:30 this morning, and so here I sit, two hours later, not able to get back to sleep.
I usually toss and turn for about an hour, then finally get up because what good is it doing me to lay in bed not sleeping? Usually at that point, I'm thinking to myself about all of the things I "need" to do the next day and "Great, now I'll be too tired to do anything." So, I get up thinking I might as well get started on some of them so I can just take it easy and maybe even nap during normal daylight hours. (Yeah right, like that would actually happen.... Uh, the nap part, actually the "taking it easy" part is probably accurate.) But then, when I'm up I'm not in the mood to clean the kitchen or sweep the floor... and that brings me here. Not sleeping, not working... great. :S
No comments:
Post a Comment