Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Moral of the Story

Today you get the moral before you get the story. Normally, you hear a story and at the end you get, "And the moral of the story is..." But not here, my friends. I'm not gonna make you wait to learn what important words of wisdom I have to share. And so...

The moral of the story is DON'T CLEAN!

And now the story:

Yesterday I was determined to get my kitchen wonderfully clean. I cleaned the counters, did the dishes, washed the stove, etc. I have a new stove (okay so it's almost a year old - is that still "new"? It is still fun and exciting to me, so I say "yes!") and it has two large grill rack thingies that go over the burners instead of having individual ones. So I was washing these and as I was drying one and turning to put it back on the stove, I somehow managed to have it raised over my head a bit, and as I turned, the balance shifted and the top swung down and hit me right on the bridge of my nose!

OUCH!!!

It hurt so bad! I put it down right away and went to the bathroom mirror to see the damage, it was already starting to swell and bruise a little. It's not nearly as bad now as I feared it would be, but it is swollen and it is really sore! :(

And so you see, the moral of the story... Don't Clean! :)

No comments: