Thursday, July 5, 2007

I'm Proud to be an American!

Wow, was yesterday FUN!

We had a lazy morning and decided to visit I-Hop for brunch, which was a great way to start the day!  YUM! 

Then, because Ryan hadn't purchased enough explosives yet *insert sarcasm here*, we stopped by another tent to spend more money on things that go "boom".  We headed up to my aunt's house with our trunk full of fireworks, one of Ryan's cheesecakes made from scratch, a fresh fruit salad, and our glow-in-the-dark frisbee.

We always have a BLAST (no pun intended) when we go to my aunt's!  And everytime, I find myself wondering why we don't visit with them more often.  The company was great!  The food was delicious!  And of course the fireworks were awesome!!! 

Here are some pics for your viewing enjoyment. :)

Acadia doing Taylor's hair:
Doesn't he look pretty?

Rori playing on their stairs... she was pretty good!  A little TOO good!  And she thought it was SO FUN!!!
Up, up, up she goes!

Look at me, Daddy!  See what I did!!!

Playing at the park while we wait for it to get dark:
I can play frisbee too!



And finally it was dark enough!  Woohoo!!!  Fireworks time!!!

These were fired off by some of the neighbors while we were still setting up...





Here is the pile of stuff that we brought.  Plus my uncle and cousins bought stuff too.  Oh yeah, it was a good show!

hehehe

Setting up a few to start...

Can I have a light?



I was too far away to get a clear image of her, but I like how the sparkler looks in these pics...

Sparklers



I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of this shot!  It is one that starts on the ground, spins around, and then shoots up in the air.  Pretty cool!  And it makes for an awesome slow shutter shot!!!











On this next one, I was accidentally zoomed in... but I really like how it turned out and now I wish I had taken a few more that way!

 Close up!







And this was another favorite.  I just really like how it turned out...


Yes indeed, quite a fun night!  And today, we stopped by a tent to snag a few on clearance to get a head start on next year's show!  Crazy stuff, lol.

However you spent your holiday, I hope it was a fun and safe one for you too!

No comments: