Sunday, February 12, 2012

The post that was roughly 10 years in the making...

Last October, Ryan and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary.  For the last 9, we have lived here.  I don't remember the last time that Ryan and I "ran away" together.  I know it was before we moved here.  In Massachusetts, we were fortunate enough to have Ryan's parents who loved to have Acadia over for sleepovers, and we did take advantage of that at times.  Since moving here, we have had family vacations, but no romantic getaways.  Until a couple of weeks ago.

My wise aunt put a bug in my ear.  She and my uncle "run away" at least once a year for their anniversary.  Of course, their kids are all grown and can be left on their own for a couple of days, but she even offered to watch ours for us.  I found an incredible deal on a very romantic beach getaway package and booked ourselves a trip!  It turns out that it was during the school week, so instead of having my aunt watch my girls, my very good friend did instead.  It actually worked out perfectly!

So, a few days before Ryan's birthday, he and I drove to the coast to enjoy some alone time for 2 nights/3 days - JUST US.  We had a wonderful visit!  The room was perfect, complete with a fireplace, kitchenette, 2 person jacuzzi tub, king-size pillow top bed, flat screen TV, oh yeah, and an incredible view!  We were beach front, with a CUTE private patio that led right to the beach.  It was just amazing! 


We took walks on the beach everyday and even though it was cool, it was always beautiful.  Hello, it's the beach!



The waves were incredible!  And we had fun following them toward the sea, then running back as they chased us towards land!


On our first morning, we woke up to a rainbow over the ocean!  I had never seen that before!  Then the sun came out and we just couldn't resist another beautiful walk on the beach.


As we walked, we came across a pipefish that had been washed up on shore.  It was still alive, so Ryan picked it up and carefully put him back in the waves as they were rushing back toward us. 



The sunset that night was incredible!!!



Our last day at the beach was so bright and sunny!  The perfect way to end the perfect romantic getaway...


No comments: