When I was growing up and took piano lessons, my teacher was a private teacher that never did recitals. So, I never had this experience of performing as I learned and developed my talent. At the time, I was SO glad! But now, I wish I had. You learn a lot when you are in a situation like this. It's scary! And even if/when it ever becomes less scary, it's always going to be scary. I always shake when I have to play infront of anyone. It's not easy to keep control of your fingers when they are shaking!
Acadia never acts nervous, until the very last minute, and she always gets up anyway, never tries to get out of it. I'm always so proud of her courage. Usually, not always, but usually, she pulls off her performance beautifully and most people don't notice the couple little mistakes. Once in awhile, she just loses her place or misplaces her fingers, or completely blanks out and it's noticable. But she keeps going and stays poised. I am REALLY proud of her!
This time, the first song is awesome! Just like usual. :) The second song, well, it's kind of funny because there was a part that she was really worried about messing up. And ironically, she did great on that section, but messed up on a part that she rarely misses! Her fingers just kind of got off a key and it took a moment to figure out how to get back to it. But she handled herself so admirably!
And when it came time for the teacher to pass out her awards, Acadia received another bust! This time, she got Mozart. This is her fourth time receiving this award (out of 6 recitals). It is an award for earning the most stickers (earned by work completed since the previous recital) and indicates Acadia's diligence and hard work. I am really proud of her!
And here is her recital performance:
2 comments:
She did great! I agree it is scary to play when all those people are there to listen to YOU. I would much rather play an accompanment.
I agree! I still get a bit nervous, but when I'm accompanying I feel like I'm there supporting someone else and that the focus is on them. Takes a lot of pressure off of what I'm doing.
Post a Comment