Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Talent of Friendship

Talents come in all shapes and forms.  I feel blessed to know many who have the talent of friendship.  One particular friend would be Christi.  All who know Christi know that she is amazing.  She is so talented and pretty much... wonder woman.  She is creative, fun, a hard worker, generous, kind, selfless... the list goes on.  One of Christi's many talents is painting.  She paints, among other things, glass.  Not wanting to put a curtain in her front door's window, she painted it.  Beautifully.  And knowing this, when I acquired two plain, glass paned doors from a banquet that we turned into an entertainment center, I passed the doors onto Christi.  I knew she could turn them into works of art.  I thought maybe she could use it in her home, or to sell, or give as a gift to someone.

A couple of weeks later, I got a phone call.  She had something for me to pick up.  Confused, I went to meet her and she gave me this:





Isn't it beautiful?!?

I was speechless!  I didn't intend for her to make something for me!  But it is just so beautiful!  I LOVE IT!
You have to notice the detail... I gave her two doors that had plain, flat, solid pieces of glass in them.  All the detail, texture, etc was added by Christi.  I'm still blown away by it.

I carefully considered where to hang my new piece of art.  I wanted to display it where it would be seen.  So, it is now hanging in our family room.  A constant reminder of a sweet friendship.  And how of all the many talents we are given, friendship is one of the best. :)

No comments: