I mentioned we're all sick. Did I mention that we are all REALLY sick? Ugh, this is NOT fun, as we have all repeatedly stated.
Poor Acadia seemed be to the best off, then just before bed her ear started to hurt. No fever, so I doubt it's an infection. We suppose it is from the cold and pressure in her head. Gave her some more meds and sent her to bed. An hour later she was still up and crying. For the remainder of the night, Ryan and I took turns staying with her as she laid and cried all night. We tried everything. Applying heat, flushing her ear with warm water, eating, drinking, cold meds, pain meds. The best was the pain meds which helped, but did not take the pain completely away.
So, it is 11 am on a Sunday morning. Cadi still has an earache and a cough, but other than that, she seems fine. She has energy at least. :lol: Ryan is achey, coughy, stuffy, and exhausted. I think he was up a little more than I was with Cadi. I only got up less than an hour ago and the reason was so I could give Cadi more meds. But since she is up and wanting food, I've decided to stay up for awhile at least. I have major sinus problems and a cough that feels like it's shredding my lungs.
I've broken my own rules and let Acadia watch whatever she wants today. Currently we're on Disney Channel. Typically on a Sunday we only watch church videos or other programs that help us think about Christ. I just don't have the energy to maintain that rule today. Acadia has never had a problem with it, and wouldn't if I enforced it today either. It's just me feeling lazy and awful and complacent.
So no church, no BYC meeting (aw shucks!:lol:), no fireside tonight. I'm hoping that we all get enough of whatever we each need so tonight and tomorrow are much better!
2 comments:
Eddie commented 3/21/05:
Ugh... Hope you are all feeling better soon. Reading your post reminded me of something my wife and I have talked about before... we certainly didn't appreciate being sick when we were kids. Back then you could rest, people waited on you, etc. Now as a parent/adult, life (with you in it) goes on whether you're sick or not.
Mom commented 3/21/05:
Rough day! I hope you are all feeling better soon!
The Hinds all have colds, too, but not quite that bad! Debi and Ben have also picked up not too awful versions. I am hoping of course that it doesn't get worse. We are fortunate that these sickness bouts don't happen very often usually.
Seems like you guys have been doing a bit extra lately. Maybe that is partly because of Acadia's recently expanded germ pool. This too shall pass.
How's Simon?
Post a Comment